Monday, January 31, 2011

Peas and Carrots

Yes, I have givin in to peer pressure and started a blog. No promises of how full it will be, or how entertaining either. But alas, it is a blog.

Peas and carrots... "uh... why?" you ask? Well, I have been brainstorming for a very long time for a blog name. I can't really play on words with my last name like all the cool, creative kids do; as we don't participate in the activity that the name suggests. But, the other day, after blog stalking a blog that played on her fist name, I had an ingenious idea.

I grew up about 30 minutes from where Forrest Gump stopped running (Monument Valley, Ut. incase you were wondering. Drive south on main street from Blanding, and pretty soon, you will see the scene from the movie). When word got out after I had moved to Oregon, the kids were absolutely amazed. It didn't help matters that my name is Jennie. And yes, I did get called "Jenn-ay" all the time. The funny part is, I hadn't actually seen the movie at that point; however that changed at some point during my senior year of high school. My husband and I are 100% opposite, but yet we were sucked into each others lives, and just seemed to compliment each other perfectly. So, peas and carrots it is!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I'm excited to read your posts!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Boy! I have a follower, AND a comment! You should get a prize Allanna! :) *giggles *curtseys I'd like to thank my mom and dad, my old babysitter and and my old garbage man! For they have all helped lead me to my success today!

    ReplyDelete