So, my SIL (Smiley, in case you are wondering) kindly informed me that I have not blogged in a while. As I rattled off my list of excuses, she trumped them all with the classic, "you don't have kids." You know, as much as I hate that end all, trump all remark, I long for the day when I can in turn use it on some other poor niave woman (or man for that matter).
So, its not that I have had nothing to blog about (I have Valentine and Birthday pictures and explanations to post) I really have been busy. My school semester has started. I am taking 2 classes. Therapeutic Communication, and Research Methods. Not bad classes, just confusing at first because they each have different due dates for the same type of work, with different due times, and different "weeks". I know this makes absolutely no sense, so I will demonstrate.
Therapeutic Communication week starts on Monday (1201 am) and ends on Sunday (midnight). Initial discussion group post is due Wednesday (midnight) and we need to reply to two posts by Sunday (midnight). Along with our book discussion group that follows the same schedule, and whatever else is assigned with respective due date. Not bad at all.
but... throw this in the mix
Research Methods week is from Saturday (1201 am) to Friday (midnight). Initial discussion is due Wed. (11:55 pm) and we must participate in the discussion group once a day, 3 days during the week. One person from each discussion group must then summarize their group discussion and post it in the "main classroom" by Friday (midnight). So, that means, whoever is in charge of posting the summary that week dictates when things are posted so she (all of my group members are ladies) can post according to her schedule. Plus whatever other project is due in the class.
Not bad, but it takes a little bit of juggling to figure it all out at the beginning.
I have also been involved with setting up the "New Beginnigs" program for the Young Women at Church. My partner and I were in charge of decorations with kind of a vague theme to decorate around. "We Believe", centralizing on the 13th article of faith:
"We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolant, virtuous, and in doing good to all men. Indeed we may say we follow the admonition of Paul. We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, praiseworthy, or of good report, we seek after these things" (and no, I did not have to look that up!)
So, we did accomplish the task of decorating quite nicely around that theme. I also have those pictures to post.
Now that things have settled down a little bit, I can return to blogging. Well, not quite yet. Still have a little bit of juggling to do. But, this should hold my faithful 2 readers over until I am able to catch up!
Jennie, I am replying in a comment I know lame, but I wanted to say thank you, and knew I couldnt leave a comment like yours just there to hang in the open you deserved a thank you for understanding. I am glad you got what I was trying to get at.-and for the sake of saying something, the status of RM does not make him better than someone who is not an RM people are not very smart
ReplyDelete