Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Caching in!

So, Smiley kindly informed me that I was a horrible blog neglecter. And she’s right. Guess I know I have one faithful reader! So, I have a ton of updating to do. But, for now, My friend and I have discovered geo-caching. It’s the perfect way to play on my child like curiosity (which will be my cause of death I’m sure) of a treasure hunt, in a highly sophisticated and adult manner. Its perfect! Even if the prize isn’t that awesome when you find it(see some pics), it’s the thrill of a real life treasure hunt (my inner 5 year old is bursting) and that you found it… go you!

If you don’t know what geo-caching is, its basically, you log onto the website , choose your difficulty (we are currently experimenting with 1-2/1-2.5), plug in the coordinates to the GPS, and the hunt is on!

Oh… side-note: the difficulty rating is for difficulty in finding, and the terrain. Scale of 1-5 in each. So, here are a few of our finds. We have 5 finds to our name out of an attempted 8. Because of our obvious newby status, other cachers on the website take pitty on us and give us hints when we can’t find it! Then we go back and find it, and do the forehead slap because if we had just looked, we woulda found it.

This was our first find! Cute little container just big enough for a rolled up log to sign and date. We left the treasure for the next person :)

It was cleverly hidden here

Complete with some lovely art work!

We have looked lots, sometimes coming up with nothing,




But, sometimes the "nothing" has found us some pretty cool finds, even if it wasn't the intended find






And we have also found some pretty cleverly hidden caches with some pretty cool stuff in them







I personally find crusifixes kinda creepy. So we left this for somebody whom it would mean more to. Why do I find them creepy? (ok, not all, just this one) Yes, Jesus died for me. But, I like to focus on my living Savior that influences my life today. To me, crusifixes focus on the death, not the resurection; which was the true miricle of the ordeal. Anyway....









No comments:

Post a Comment