Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Who?

Yes, it has been eons since I have written a word. Between school progressively getting more stressful, and starting a job and trying to stay up with my own hectic busy schedule... yah.

For the past several months I have been struggling with personal matters not appropriate for blogging about. I guess in a sense, I have been coming to terms with life, and trying to figure out who I am. Seems like a simple question. Jennie. Lover of skittles, laughter and popcorn. nurse. wife. hard worker. goal oriented. But under that, who am I really? For the past several months there have been people hacking at my self esteem, some intentionally, some not. Trying to tell me who I am. Worthless. whiner. ugly. Not good enough

The other day, I was browsing netflix and came across a show my SIL (Brae)had been watching. "Samantha Who?" Its a funny little brainless show about a girl who woke up from an 8 day coma and had amnesia. She is trying to figure out who she is. As she puts the clues together, she realized she wasn't a very nice person, and she wants to change that. One of the things she says in narrative is that your memories are everything to make you who you are.

It randomly got me thinking, what would I find out about myself if I were to loose all memory. Who would my friends be? What would people tell me about who I was and what I did?

What I always want to remember, if nothing else, about who I am is this:

I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father, who loves me and I love Him. I will stand as a witness of God at all times, and in all things and in all places. As I strive to live by these values:
Faith
Divine Nature
Individual Worth
Knowledge
Choice and Accountability
Good Works
Integrity
Virtue

I believe as I accept and act upon these values I will be able to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants, continue to receive the blessings of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.

No comments:

Post a Comment